Posted by Atame on September 21, 2000 at 17:43:13:
Hi, first congratulations for your amazing site - a MUST for all handcuff collector's! Now I've some questions about handcuffs from my own modest collection (53 pieces of hand cuffs, leg irons and similar stuff):
1. what's the difference between "Crockett and Kelly - Model 1 Version 2" and "Crockett and Kelly Model 2"?
2. I'm a proud owner of a "Bean Cobb" without patend date stamp. Does this mean the cuff is older than May 1899?
3. Has the "Clejuso Standard Weight Modified Swivel" just been sold at the US marked? In Germany you mostly see the normal version.
4. What's the difference between the two "Deutsche Polizei" of the 1960s in the gallery?
5. What's the difference between Hiatt 1960 light and heavy?
6. Is JGA a German or a Japanese Handcuff Manufacturer?
7. Are you sure that "La Massenotte" are 1940s? I thought they are from the 60s.
8. What's the prize for a Mattatuck without key in a condition like the one shown in your gallery?
9. What's the difference between S&W M94 Model 2 and 3?
10. Is the Swivel Model of the Tower's Double Lock always manufactured by Union Hardware?
Post a Followup